90% US Silver Coins
US Junk silver coins are coins that were minted in the United States prior to 1965 and contain a certain amount of silver content. These coins were commonly used in circulation for everyday transactions, but due to their silver content, they have become a popular choice for investors interested in buying silver bullion.
Some examples of US Junk silver coins include:
- Mercury dimes (minted between 1916-1945)
- Roosevelt dimes (minted between 1946-1964)
- Washington quarters (minted between 1932-1964)
- Walking Liberty half dollars (minted between 1916-1947)
- Franklin half dollars (minted between 1948-1963)
- Kennedy half dollars (minted between 1964)
These coins are referred to as "Junk" because they have no collectible value and their worth is based solely on their silver content. However, their silver content is not always 100% pure as some coins contain a small amount of copper or other metals.
Junk silver coins can be purchased in bags, rolls, or individual coins from coin dealers, online marketplaces, and private sellers. They are a popular choice for investors who want to own physical silver in a more affordable and convenient form than larger bullion bars or coins.